Philippines’ most delicious, nutritious and economically important fruits. These are the Philippines leading fruit exported worldwide.
Health benefits from these popular fruits are also included.
Pineapple is one of the most popular fruits in the world. Large supply of pineapple comes from Southeast Asia. The Philippines is one of the world’s largest producers of fresh pineapple. It has wide plantations in Mindanao. Pineapple is endemic to Paraguay and Brazil. This fruit can be eaten fresh or canned. It is popularly used in salads and desserts.
For a popular recipe with pineapple, check this out
- Pineapple breaks down protein because it contains proteolytic enzyme bromelain
- It helps cure intestinal disorder
- It is believe that it serves as a pain reliever
- Pineapple helps induce childbirth when a baby is over due
- Pineapple is a good source of manganese
- It contains considerable amount of vitamin C and B1