Try this spicy Ilocano delicacy from the Philippines.
Kilawin or Kappukan is an Ilocano delicacy that became widely popular in the entire archipelago of the Philippines and in other parts of the world where Ilocanos and Filipinos in general live.
- 1 kg goat meat (preferred cuts are from the thigh, loin, neck and shoulder area
- Goat’s brain, boiled
- 10 large-sized onions, finely chopped
- 2 pieces ginger, peeled and finely chopped (optional)
- 20 pieces (or more) chili pepper or siling labuyo, finely chopped (chili powder will do)
- 20 pieces kalamansi, (citrus fruit), extracted and strained (vinegar will do)
- Spring onions, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- msg (optional)