Try one of the most popular dishes in the Philippines.
Goats are widely raised in the Philippines and in almost all parts of the earth, and one of the most popular Filipino dishes where cuts of goat meat is use is kaldereta. Several meats can be used in cooking kaldereta, these include chicken and duck but pork, beef and goat are the three more popular cuts of meat used. Goat meat is my personal favorite because it has lesser cholesterol and it’s tastier than the other meats. I also like to use duck in cooking kaldereta.
- 1 kg goat meat, cut into medium-sized pieces
- 1 medium-sized ginger, peeled and cut into strips (optional – if you don’t like the taste of ginger)
- 3 medium-sized onions, chopped
- 3 medium-sized cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- Soy sauce to taste
- 750 g Tomato sauce/paste
- 1 big can of Liver Spread
- 1 glass of coconut cream (kakang gata)
- 6 pieces bell pepper, 3 red and 3 green, seeds removed and cut into squares
- 6 medium-sized potato, peeled, cut into pieces and deep-fried
- 2 medium-sized carrots, peeled and cut into pieces
- Black pepper
- 6 laurel leaves
- chili powder or fresh and chopped chili pepper locally called siling labuyo